here to download the Race Bible (557kb PDF)
Specific Technical Requirements:
- The event(s) will be run under CCA/UCI rules.
- Total number of riders not to exceed 200 per category.
- U23 riders will compete in the Elite category. A separate
Espoir Champion will be recognized
- Equipment regulations to be enforced for ALL categories.
There will be NO exceptions; this includes ALL Masters categories
for Time Trials.
- Gear restriction of 7.93m will apply to Juniors.
- A National Championship Title shall be awarded only in
those categories where at least 5 starters are entered.
- A National Championship Title shall be awarded to
Espoirs women. Medals will be awarded. Espoir women represents
a domestic sub-category initiated by the CCA. The category
is not recognized by the UCI, therefore, a distinct
title and National Champion jersey cannot be awarded.
- Approved hard shell helmets are mandatory for training
and competition, including time trials.
- Lapped riders will be pulled from the race. Riders outside
of 5% of the winner’s time will be eliminated and
will not be credited with a result
- Neutral support will be provided.
- Registration on-line at www.roadnationals.com with
- Registration by mail with cheque or cash.
- Mail-in Registration must be postmarked by Friday, June
- On-line registration closes 6:00pm,Sunday, July 3,
- No Registrations will be accepted after July 3, 2005.
- All competitors must have a valid UCI license.
- No provincial licenses or domestic licenses permitted.
- All Canadian competitors MUST enter their age category
event (except for the criterium). The categories are defined
as per UCI rules are based on (2005 – year of birth)
- Upgrades are only permitted for the 2nd year cadet riders
(born in 1989) with a letter of upgrade issued by CCA. Applications
for upgrades are made by the athlete’s provincial
association to the CCA office at the time of registration.
For the Elite Mens’ and Womens’ races the order of the following vehicles in the race caravan will be determined as per UCI rules 2.3.018.